console-tools 1998.08.11 - vcs, bad keymaps

Yann Dirson ydirson@multimania.com
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 22:00:27 +0200 (CEST)

Miroslav Vasko writes:
 > Hi!
 > =

 > I am (an unofficial) maintainer for slovak (and maybe czech, for potato)=

 > keymaps for console in Debian.

Ahoj !  Ako s=E1 ma=B9 ?  ;)

Hm, that is the first time I try to use latin2 in emacs20+mule, and I have
some problems, so I will go on in english...

 > I've finally installed Slink with console-tools and I did some testing.
 > =

 > I found, that slovak keyboards in console-tools are probably badly
 > converted. In package kbd was everything ok, without any error messages.=

 > =

 > I tested these maps anyway, and I found, that they work ok.
 > =

 > loadkeys writes this:
 > f =3D 0, d =3D 12902, i =3D 0
 > Zombie 12902 caught.
 > f =3D 12905, d =3D 12904, i =3D 0
 > Zombie 12905 caught.
 > Zombie 12904 caught.
 > f =3D 12907, d =3D 12906, i =3D 0
 > Zombie 12907 caught.
 > Zombie 12906 caught.

 > How can I repair the map (I am not an author). Do you know, what the pro=
blem
 > can be?

This is not a map problem, just a problem causing the programs to be
compiled in debug mode.

 > Second, I have now some new maps for slovak and czech users. How can I c=
onvert
 > it to .kmap? I want to test it before I will send it to you.

mv(1) is your friend ;)

More seriously, there's no difference between .map and .kmap, except
that .kmap is more explicit.  I did not change much loadkeys and
friends, and there is not much more features than the standard
include's and other keywords that kbd has.

 > And last topic, vcstime. It did not work, because I do not have /dev/vcs=
, and
 > there is no doc about creating it.

cd /dev; ./MAKEDEV vcs

This was already reported as a bug, but I don't really know who ought
to create them, and if they should be created at all anyway :(

Best regards,
-- =

Yann Dirson                         |    Why make M$-Bill richer & richer ?=

           <ydirson@multimania.com> |   Support Debian GNU/Linux:
debian-email:   <dirson@debian.org> | Cheaper, more Powerful, more Stable !=

http://www.multimania.com/ydirson/  | Check <http://www.debian.org/>