Bugs fixed in xfree86-1 3.3.3.1-3

Branden Robinson branden@ecn.purdue.edu
Tue, 11 May 1999 01:40:17 -0400

--liOOAslEiF7prFVr

xfree86-1 (3.3.3.1-3) unstable; urgency=3Dlow

  * (#000a): config/cf/xfree86.cf:
    - build FBDev server for all architectures by default (except SPARC)
    - build VGA16 server (generic driver only) for Alpha
    - SPARC architecture support (build Mach64 server)
    - build CFB24 framebuffer driver for Alpha as well as i386
    - absorbs parts of #000 and all of old #003
  * (#001): miscellaneous patches
    - programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/common/xf86_Config.h: slight modification
      thanks to Steve Dunham
    - programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/linux/lnx_video.c,
      programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/shared/bios_devmem.c:
      changed hardcoded "/dev/fb" to "/dev/fb0"
    - minor xfs manpage corrections [BACKPORT]
    - Fixes: #35482
  * (#003): programs/xkbcomp/symbols/dvorak:
    - restored old fix from Ulf Carlsson that got lost in the transition to
      XFree86 3.3.3.1
    - Fixes: #36964
  * (#007): programs/Xserver/Imakefile,programs/Xserver/hw/sun/*:
    - SPARC Linux support modifications to the Sun X server
    - absorbs parts of #001
    - thanks to Steve Dunham
    - Fixes: #35613
  * (#008): programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/accel/mach64/*:
    - SPARC Linux support modifications to the Mach64 X server
    - absorbs parts of #001
    - thanks to Steve Dunham
  * (#009): programs/xterm/*:
    - Thomas Dickey's patch #100 to xterm
    - should fix some outstanding Debian bugs
  * (#010): programs/xterm/*:
    - tweaking of glibc version detection
    - thanks to Ray Dassen
  * (#012): Czech/Slovak support:
    - lib/X11/XKeysymDB: additions
    - nls/Compose/iso8859-2: additions
    - nls/locale.alias: modifications
    - programs/xkbcomp/compat/group_led: new file
    - programs/xkbcomp/keymap/xfree86: additions
    - programs/xkbcomp/symbols/cz: new file
    - programs/xkbcomp/symbols/czsk
  * debian/README.source-depends: change libtricks references to fakeroot,
    since glibc 2.1 has put libtricks in its grave
  * debian/control:
    - change xbase-clients description to remove xvidtune arch remark
    - change xext description to inform that joystick kernel module is only
      necessary for kernel versions prior to 2.2
    - change xfree86-common description to not mention xbase
    - change all dependencies/recommendations/suggestions/descriptions
      referring to xfonts-100dpi and xfonts-75dpi to xfonts-100dpi *or*
      xfonts-75dpi
    - ship xserver-vga16 for Alpha
    - mention absence of XFree86 extensions in Xsun X servers
    - minor rewordings and clarifications in package descriptions
  * debian/create-*: use chmod to ensure we don't ship stuff with the
    setgid bit on (if you build in a setgid directory this can happen)
  * debian/create-arch-xserver-common: ship banner files for SPARC
  * debian/create-arch-xterm:
    - use -nolist with lynx
    - rename text dump of xterm FAQ to xterm.faq.txt.gz
    [BACKPORT]
  * debian/create-server: ship new README.Debian for xserver-xsun*
    [BACKPORT]
  * debian/xfree86-common/FAQ:
    - spelling corrections
    - add references to other resources: the XFree86 FAQ, the XTERM FAQ,
      and the X Strike Force
    - add new questions:
      *) How do I stop xdm from starting at boot?
      *) How do I tell xdm to start the X server on a different virtual
         console?
      *) How do I run an X client as root when the X session is run by a
         user?
      *) How do I change xterm's default terminal type or key bindings?
      *) How do I keep my mouse from going crazy (or going away) when
         switching between X and the Linux virtual console?
    [BACKPORT]
  * debian/xfs/README.Debian: document default disabling of TCP connections
    [BACKPORT]
  * debian/xfs/config: turn off TCP listening by default [BACKPORT]
  * debian/xserver/Xsun.README: new file, copied to xserver-xsun* packages
    as README.Debian [BACKPORT]
  * debian/xserver-common/xserver-configure: correct shell quoting for
    detection of cruft files (Fixes: #36983) [BACKPORT]
  * debian/xserver-wrapper.c: only fclose() if file was opened (Fixes: #361=
73)
    [BACKPORT]
  * debian/xterm/xterm.faq.doc-base: refer to text file as xterm.faq.txt.gz
    [BACKPORT]

 -- Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org>  Sun,  9 May 1999 16:01:32 -0400

--=20
G. Branden Robinson              |   If you wish to strive for peace of sou=
l,
Debian GNU/Linux                 |   then believe; if you wish to be a
branden@ecn.purdue.edu           |   devotee of truth, then inquire.
cartoon.ecn.purdue.edu/~branden/ |   -- Friedrich Nietzsche

--liOOAslEiF7prFVr

--liOOAslEiF7prFVr--