telnet troubles

uhlar@fantomas.sk uhlar@fantomas.sk
5 Nov 2001 14:12:34 GMT

Dominic Deferia <ddeferia@hotmail.com> wrote:
-> Hello, Can someone please tell me how to enable telnet properly ?

well, why do you use czech newsgroup?

-> 2. I edited the /etc/inetd.conf to add the line
->       telnet    stream   tcp  nowait   root    /usr/sbin/tcpd
-> in.telnetd

i hope that in.telnetd is at the same line as those things before...

->    there was no line there before.

-> 5. I got a response:
->       trying 127.0.0.1
->       connected to localhost
->       escape character is '^]'
->       connection closed by a foreign host

that's problem of tcp wrappers. look at the logs.

-> Can anyone pls point me to the right direction.  I would also like to know
-> what  this format means:

->      telnet    stream   tcp  nowait   root    /usr/sbin/tcpd
-> in.telnetd

man inetd.conf

--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, uhlar@fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
 BSE = Mad Cow Desease ... BSA = Mad Software Producents Desease