Progeny Debian, Demolinux ...

Peter Mann Peter.Mann@tuke.sk
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 06:05:37 +0200

Heyaaa!!!

mal som moznost vyskusat si progeny debian 1.0 aj demolinux 2.0. Progeny sa uz
dalej nebude vyvijat, demolinux uz taham verziu 3.0 - musim este zistit, ako
preniest system z CDcka na disk, Corel Linux uz takisto vymizol

na www.progeny.com som nasiel toto:
As of October 1,2001 Progeny has ceased development on its Progeny Debian
product; there will be no further releases of the product

Q: Is Progeny Debian different from standard Debian?

A: No! Our product is Debian. Our goal is to maintain 100% compliance with the
standards of the Debian project, and to contribute everything we do with it
back to the Debian organization.

The only thing Progeny has done is create add-ons to the standard Debian
distribution - for example, we've added an enhanced graphical-user-interface
based installer, and a GNOME graphical user interface for utilities like
apt-get. These extras we've added are Open Source; we've submitted them to the
Debian community with an open invitation to incorporate them into the standard
Debian package. If you're using our product, you're using Debian!

Progeny's founder and CEO is Ian Murdock, who created Debian Linux in the
first place. Progeny Linux Systems is committed to remaining part of the
Debian community.

--------

ide mi hlavne o to, aby som mohol beznym uzivatelom poskytnut uzivatelsky
pritulny linux, teda graficku instalaciu, automaticku detekciu hw, xwindows

medzi balikmi debianu som uz nasiel aj Progeny Debian auto-installation
system - bude to nejak zahrnute do standartnej instalacie? ved progeny to uz
ma vyriesene a ako pisu: "we've submitted them to the Debian community with
an open invitation to incorporate them into the standard Debian package"

moze mi k tomu niekto nieco blizsie povedat/napisat? (Petr Cech? ;-)))

5o   Peter.Mann at tuke.sk
     KLFMANiK ICQ 12491471
         PM2185-RIPE