Bugs fixed in xfree86-1 3.3.3.1-3

Branden Robinson branden@ecn.purdue.edu
Fri, 14 May 1999 00:04:43 -0400

--pWyiEgJYm5f9v55/

On Wed, May 12, 1999 at 07:57:24PM +0000, Miroslav Vasko wrote:
> it's nice, but this patch (I did sent it to you, it is probably mostly
> my fault) was for 3.3.2.x.
>=20
> this patch applied on 3.3.3.x is ugly hack - mainly XKeysymDB additions.
> now i'm waiting for CDs with Slink and X 3.3.3.1 and I will send you
> the new patch related to 3.3.3.x - it's matter of 2-3 weeks.
>=20
> please, undo change #012 - the new nice patch is on the way.

Are you saying that 3.3.3.1 without the patch I applied is even worse for
Czech and Slovak users than not having it at all?  If so, I will back out
the patch, otherwise I'd rather leave it in place.

I don't know that the XKB support for the CZ and SK locales changed all
that much from XFree86 3.3.2.3 to 3.3.3.1 anyway.  XFree86 pretty much
sticks to X server based stuff (and xterm, which they effectively are the
official maintainers of now), and only apply the occasional bugfix to an X
client here or there.  As far as I know, stuff like XKB generally
originates with the Open Group.

Anyway, I'd rather just make the decision based on the patch's current
utility to Czech and Slovak users.  If it makes things better than before,
I'll leave it in.  If it makes things worse, I'll take it out.  Either way
I will replace it with the new, improved version you send me, once I
receive it.

--=20
G. Branden Robinson              |   Human beings rarely imagine a god that
Debian GNU/Linux                 |   behaves any better than a spoiled chil=
d.
branden@ecn.purdue.edu           |   -- Robert Heinlein
cartoon.ecn.purdue.edu/~branden/ |

--pWyiEgJYm5f9v55/